The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of innovation, international trade, sustainable development, and promoting opportunity through social mobility.
What happens if your company wins The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise
If you win you’ll be:
- invited to a Royal reception
- presented the award at your company by one of The Queen’s representatives, a Lord-Lieutenant
- able to fly The Queen’s Award flag at your main office, and use the emblem on your marketing materials (for example, on your packaging, advertisements, stationery and website)
- given a Grant of Appointment and a commemorative crystal bowl
The awards are valid for 5 years.
Winners have reported benefiting from worldwide recognition, increased commercial value, greater press coverage and a boost to staff morale.
To apply for the Queen’s Award for Enterprise your organisation must:
- be based in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man)
- file its Company Tax Returns with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- be a self-contained enterprise that markets its own products or services and is under its own management
- have at least 2 full-time UK employees or part-time equivalents
- demonstrate strong corporate social responsibility
- Your organisation can be business or non-profit.
- Each of the award categories has additional entry criteria.
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise are free to enter. You can apply for more than one award.
You’ll need to:
- create an account and register your details
- answer questions about your eligibility – this should take less than 15 minutes
- submit your application between 8 May and midday on 12 September 2018
What happens next
Find out what happens after you apply, including when organisations are shortlisted and have to provide verified commercial figures.
Deadline: 12 September 2018