The purpose of the position is management and development of Sea and Air Logistics, customs brokerage, transport, and warehousing.
Reports to: Country Sales and Marketing Manager
Industry: Transport & Logistics
Department: Sales & Marketing
The purpose of the position is management and development of Sea and Air Logistics (including Bulk and Project Cargo), customs brokerage, transport, and warehousing. Develop customer opportunities sufficient to meet growth goals and objectives. Actively develop a prospecting list to drive new business revenue streams.
Key Performance Areas
- Achieve month on month target per budget.
- Follow up on at least 10 leads per month.
- Engage in stakeholder forums, conferences, trade shows to penetrate into new market segments and acquire new business.
- Develop white papers and testimonials to showcase our expertise in various industries e.g. Construction, Agriculture, Automotive, Energy, Manufacturing etc.
- Acquire a minimum of two (2) new customers monthly.
- Ensure proper management of marketing costs within the set budget.
- Ensure portfolio of customers adhere to credit terms and assist credit controller to collect due monies monthly.
- Ensure an acceptable level of profitability on all business development activities
Account Management (Customer Relationship Management)
- Manage relationship of customers in portfolio and prospects in various sectors; coordinate customer portfolio by visiting, calling, emailing with regards to current business as well seeking cross selling and upselling opportunities.
- Sensitize customers on company service offering.
- Seeks and prospects for Strategic Customer segments targets to win new customers.
- Works on customer initiatives and implements solutions as per customer requirements.
- Pursue opportunities for portfolio customer growth and new business with allocated accounts.
- Deliver country customer budget by maintaining a healthy pipeline and good.
- contractual performance.
- Customer retention: Develop a customer engagement cycle through a structured sales process to ensure customer development and retention
- Use CRM (Customer Relationship Management), to update customer activities.
- Respond to customer complaints, compliments and inquiries within 24hrs.
- Develop account plans for each targeted customer and ensure the plans are updated with all relevant information.
- Regain lost customers and ensure correct onboarding in 90 days.
Forecasting and Innovation
- Study, research, and participate in activities to assist in planning for future business i.e. review market trends, country economical indicators e.g. Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to determine industry growth and opportunities for the Group.
- Continuously participate in product development and innovation to meet customer needs.
- Participate in trade shows, fairs and promotions.
- Arrange customer education workshops to ensure organisation brand is reinforced with customers
- Maintains up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets.
- Maintain and continue to develop an in-depth knowledge of all company products and services.
- Comply with direction given by team leaders and management team, and follow given guidelines and professional code of conduct.
- Bring a value-added approach to all issues and projects.
- Ensure customer satisfaction relative to quality of product and service.
- Adherence to company set standard operating procedures (Sop’s).
- Participate in internal and external training for professional growth.
- Team leader and management may assign any other duty as deemed necessary from time to time.
- Attend all planned marketing activities per marketing activity calendar.
- Ensure reports are submitted weekly, monthly, annually and as when required by team leader and management.
- Ensure an up to date customer master file with detailed contact information on Decision Makers, Evaluators, Approvers and Users.
Key Performance Indicators
2. 100% retention of customers.
3. Ensure 100% of customers within portfolio make payment within stipulated credit terms.
4. Ensure effective annual portfolio management by 100% customer profiling and visits based on profile set up.
5. Ensure 100% of new customers are on boarded as per customer onboarding process.
Key Competencies and Skills
- Minimum degree in Sales & Marketing, commerce or relevant degree.
- Masters is an added advantage.
- Professional certification by MSK
- Member of MSK
- Proficient in all computer application packages.
- Proficient on company operating software’s like ERP and Sage.
- Minimum 4 years progressive experience in a busy Sales & Marketing environment.
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent communication
- Excellent presentation
- Report writing
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Market intelligence research
- Aggressive sales person & marketer
- Team player
- Interact well with fellow staff
- High integrity
|Job Category||Engineering Opportunities|
|Job Category||Sales/Business Development|