TAIWAN 4-Year Medical School Scholarship strives to cultivate international medical talents and address the issue of insufficient medical resources. This is a four-year Full Scholarship MD Program for bachelor degree and applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree to apply. All courses offered by this Program are taught in English.
The Embassy of the Republic of China (Taiwan) is pleased to announce the release of the I-Shou University School of Medicine for International Students Scholarship Program, offered by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China (Taiwan) and the International Cooperation and Development Fund (TaiwanICDF).
Institution of Study: Shou University School of Medicine for International Students
Level of Study: Bachelors degree
Nationalities eligible: Countries with Diplomatic relations with Taiwan
Scholarship offer: The tuition and other required fees, accommodation fees, textbooks and living allowances will be covered by the scholarship
In order to be eligible for the Medical School Scholarship:
- Candidates who possess a bachelor’s degree or above conferred by a foreign university, recognized by the R.O.C. Ministry of Education.Candidates with degrees received from foreign universities/colleges shall be certified by the local R.O.C. overseas office, or a certificate of degree (enclosed) shall be presented by the foreign university/college from which the candidate graduated. An English translation shall be provided if the certificate is written in languages other than English.
- According to Item 1 of Article 2 of the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan, candidate who has a foreign nationality and has never held nationality status from the Republic of China (“R.O.C.”) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status, a Chinese nationality or a citizenship of Hong Kong or Macau at the time of their application may apply for admission under the regulations.
- Affairs not mentioned herein shall be conducted pursuant to the MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan and the Regulations Regarding the Assessment and Recognition of Foreign Academic Credentials for Institutions of Higher Education stipulated by the R.O.C. Ministry of Education.
Application for Medical School Scholarship:
1.Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Applicants (Students from Countries that have Diplomatic Relations with Taiwan):
Applicants should complete an online application and submit required documents to the local (ROC) embassy in their country.
In addition to the scholarship application procedure required by Taiwan ICDF, students should also complete the same ISU application procedure as that for self-sponsored students.
Please refer to the Admissions guidelines
Application portal: ISU School of Medicine Online Application
2.Self-sponsored Students from Particular Countries (Colombia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Morocco, Peru and Saudi Arabia)
Students should submit an application on the ISU Online Application System for School of Medicine and then send the application form and relevant documents by fax, e-mail or uploading. The following are the required documents for ISU application:
- Application Form for International Students Admissions of the University which should be printed out from the online application system (including the Affidavit for International Student Application)
- A copy of the applicant’s passport
- A certificate of a bachelor’s degree or above and an academic transcript certified by a local R.O.C. embassy, a local R.O.C. overseas office or a R.O.C. representative office. (A notarized English translation shall be provided if the certificate is written in languages other than English.)
- A certificate of completing at least 6 credits of courses relevant to biology, chemistry or life sciences
- A certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS or other English proficiency examinations recognized globally or by the local governments taken within 2 years)
- English autobiography
- Three recommendation letters
- Other supplemental documents:
- A transcript of the medical school admission test (MCAT, BMAT or GAMSAT) taken within 3 years
- Practical experiences in medical practice and laboratories
- Volunteer service experiences
- Admission Guidelines
Applicants can submit the application via any of the following methods:
By fax: +886-7-6155910 or +886-7-6577478
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By uploading (to the Online Application System)
Deadline: 15 March 2018
|Job Category||Medical Opportunities|