Special Research Fund Doctoral Scholarships grants promising Ph.D. Students from developing countries scholarships. This targets students who wish to carry out half of their Ph.D. research at Ghent University and half in a university in a developing country.
Before applying for the Special Research Fund Doctoral Scholarships, candidates should always seek approval of a professor at Ghent University (contact details of all research groups).
Doctoral candidates with external funding are advised to have a clear agreement with their supervisor on additional allowances for their research stay (cf. supervision allowance or bench fee).
Your own government may also offer scholarships for study and/or research abroad. Contact the appropriate authorities in your country.
Nationality Eligible: Developing countries
Level of Study: Ph.D. students
Institution of Study: Ghent University
Duration: 24 months to study at Ghent University
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country (see country list);
- There must be a guarantee that the candidate will be able to work fulltime on the Ph.D. project for a period of 24 months at the partner university in a selected developing country (South).
This implies that the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
- there must be a local Ph.D. supervisor at the partner university or research center in the South;
- A written statement is requested stating that the candidate is either a funded full-time Ph.D. student or a staff member at this partner university
- and will be sufficiently exempted from teaching or other assignments as to be able to fully concentrate on the Ph.D. research in the South.
- This statement should also mention that the candidate receives a local Ph.D. scholarship or salary for a period of 24 months when working on the Ph.D. at the partner university in the South.
- This co-funding is only intended for students who want to obtain a (joint ) Ph.D. degree at Ghent University.
Application: Applications must be submitted on the application forms provided for this purpose.
The Research Council makes a selection of the applications based in part on the recommendations obtained from members of the Council for Development Cooperation.
As of 25 May 2018 results will be published online.
Application Deadline: 6 March 2018
|Job Category||Research Opportunities|