StudyAdelaide’s International Student Awards are an opportunity for the international community, academic institutions, local community and businesses to honor the achievements of international students during their time in Adelaide.
The award program, now in its eighth year, is highly regarded and valuable addition to the winning students’ resumes.
The International Student Awards are endorsed and presented by His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia.
- Academic Excellence
- University Undergraduate
- University Postgraduate – Research
- University Postgraduate – Coursework
- Vocational Education and Training
- Sporting Achievement
- Community Engagement
- Arts and Culture
- Student Event of the Year
How to apply
Please visit the StudyAdelaide International Student Awards 2018 Portal to submit your application.
Nominees must be;
- a) Current international students enrolled in a South Australian education institution.
- b) Currently studying or have completed a course within the last six months
Nominations for individual awards must be written by the student applying for the award.
Nominations for Student Event of the Year must be submitted by the student association leadership team.
Previous winners may apply but must submit a new application.
All nomination information, photos and supporting material submitted may be used and distributed by StudyAdelaide for media and promotional purposes.
Nominees agree to participate in media publicity and promotion associated with the awards, including the use of photos submitted, or taken at the awards presentation ceremony.
Finalists should be available and endeavor to attend the Governor’s Farewell and International Student Awards on Friday 19 October 2018 (inability to attend does not disqualify entry).
- Applications must be submitted via the online application form.
- All criteria should be addressed in your online nomination. Relevant supporting documents and photographs should be attached to your nomination. You can attach these as the last step of your online application.
- Applications open on Monday 2 July 2018 and close 11:59 pm Australian Central Standard Time (ACST) on Sunday, 2 September 2018.
- Students can withdraw their application at any time up to 11:59 pm Sunday, 2 September 2018 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The award winners will be announced by His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia at a function for international students on Friday 19 October 2018 at Government House.
- Each award recipient will receive an award certificate signed by His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia
- The winner in each individual category will receive a travel voucher for a 2-night holiday to Kangaroo Island for two people valued at over $800.
- Highly Commended entries will receive a $200 gift voucher.
- Student association event of the year receives a $750 cash prize to be spent on a future student event.
- The recipient of the International Student of the Year will win a return flight to his/her country of origin. The winner will need to notify StudyAdelaide of their preferred travel dates and book their travel prior to June 30, 2019.
- The selection of winners is undertaken by a specialist judging panel convened by StudyAdelaide.
- The judges reserve the right to verify the content provided in any of the applications received.
- Members of the judging panel will maintain the confidentiality of the content of each application unless consent is given by the nominee to do otherwise.
- StudyAdelaide reserves the right to not award the full complement of awards in any one year if it is determined that the criteria have not been fully met.
- The judges’ decisions are final and no further correspondence will be entered.
Deadline: 2 September 2018.
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|