The mission of the Swedish Institute Management Programme Africa is to lead change for responsible leadership and sustainable business practices.
The programme challenges traditional approaches of doing business and explores how business can become more people and planet focused on market driven economies.
As a participant in the Management Programme Africa successful applicants will meet prominent figures in the commercial and political sectors as well as academia who will be presenting topics such as:
- climate change
- responsible financing
- stakeholder engagement
- and leadership development
The curriculum includes theoretical approaches, problem-solving using real business cases and interactive workshops with experienced practitioners. It also includes company visits and coaching on your own business case.
By the end of the programme participants become part of a long-lasting and active network of business leaders working for a sustainable future in Asia, Africa and Europe.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the programme
- Flight tickets to and from Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
Costs covered and arranged by participant
- Flight tickets to and from the kick-off and module 2
- Visas costs, when necessary, to all programme modules
- Occasional meals
- Occasional airport transfers
- Insurance when modules are held outside of Sweden
Nationalities Eligible: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia
Eligibility: Persons- aspiring to make sustainability an integral part of their business strategy
- In a leading position within trade, industry or the public sector
- With a mandate to influence the business strategy for your organization
- Between 25-45 years old (born 1973 – 1993)
- With good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Who can take part in all parts of the programme
- Who are willing to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme
Application: All applications for the Management Programme Africa should be submitted online, through the step by step application process in the application portal. Ensure you:
- Create your application online in the application portal
- Save your application as a PDF
- Send your application together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Before applying kindly note that it takes about 60 min or more to finish the application form and there is no session saving possibility. Please have a headshot photo ready for uploading at the end of the application
SIMP will give you:
- A global network of leaders focused on sustainable business and responsible leadership
- Increased knowledge about environmental, social and financial aspects of sustainable business
- Increased leadership competence
- Insights into business cases in Sweden, one of the leading countries in sustainable business practice
- Exchange of experience with prominent practitioners in business and in the public sector
- over 30 participants in group picture with symbols of SDGs in their hands
Kick-off, 2 days in one of the selected countries in Africa, 14 – 15 June 2018
Participants are introduced to the programme curriculum and topics of focus.
Module 1, 2 weeks in Sweden, 17 – 29 September 2018
Participants deep dive into how sustainable business contributes to innovation, production and increased trust in business on the global market. Explore topics such as leadership, stakeholder engagement, climate change and company visits. You also have a chance to initiate your own business case and receive coaching and peer-feedback.
Module 2, 1 week in one of the selected countries in Africa, 11 – 16 February 2019
The focus is on reconnection with the network and harvesting learning’s from module 1. Participants have the opportunity to visit and analyze a real business case.
All parts of the programme are mandatory. The programme is intense and includes evening activities.
Application Deadline: 6 February 2018
|Job Category||Management Opportunities|