Unesco designed the project “Unesco / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme” (UNESCO/Japan Young Researchers’ Fellowship Programme) in the framework of the Japanese Funds-in-Trust for the Capacity-Building of Human Resources.
It was established in November 2000 by the Government of Japan to enable Unesco to give impetus to research in four areas under UNESCO’s Priority Programme Areas.
Nationality Eligible: developing countries
Level of Study: post-graduate
Duration: minimum: 3 months, maximum: 9 months
Unesco / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowship Eligibility:
- Applicants, a maximum of TWO from each applying National Commission, must meet the following general criteria:
- Candidates must be persons of high intellectual promise who may be expected to make significant contributions to their country on return.
- Candidates must be no more than 40 years of age. Thus, applicants born before 1 January 1978 will not be considered under the Programme.
- The selected Fellow must carry out the research under the auspices of an academic supervisor at a host institution. Confirmation of acceptance from the academic supervisor is imperative.
- Priority attention will be given to:
Candidates from least developed countries (LDCs) and SIDS
- Those who may wish to pursue their research studies in Japan
- Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study/research
All applications to the Unesco / Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships must be submitted with the required documentation on the UNESCO Fellowship Application Form.
Each Member State may nominate a maximum of two (2) candidates. It is the National Commission’s responsibility to select the two candidates whose applications it wishes to submit to UNESCO.
The application(s) should reach the Section of Participation Programme and Fellowships, UNESCO, 7, Place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07 SP before 30 November 2018 midnight and an advance copy may be sent by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com .
Application Deadline: 30 November 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|