The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Masters Grants on a competitive basis to international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University. The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student.
It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Host Institution(s): University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Study in: Switzerland Course starts September 2019
Level/Field(s) of study: All Master’s programme from among those offered by the UNIL, except the following
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (Ph.D. programmes)
Note: For the Master of Law, only two specializations – “international and comparative law” and “legal theory” are open to applications for Masters Scholarships.
Nationality eligible: International students
Number of Scholarships: Around 10
Scholarship value/duration: The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the master’s programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
How to Apply:
The application for the Master’s scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters (and therefore an application to register at UNIL). You must not make an application for admission to the master’s degree via the Admissions Department (SII). Candidates must send their completed application by post to UNIL’s Social Affairs and Student Mobility Service (SASME) before 1 November to begin a masters degree during the following academic year, in the autumn semester or the spring semester if the programme allows.
It is important to read the UNIL Masters Grants FAQs and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Deadline: 1 Nov 2018 (annual)
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|