The Doctoral Programs for International Students by the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences is now open to international students.
The Doctoral Programs for International Students is now available through over 20 UCAS faculties and over 100 institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
Doctoral programs commonly last for 3 years. Certificates of graduation and degrees will be awarded to those who have met the requirements of graduation and degree conferment.
LOCATION: University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
NATIONALITY ELIGIBLE: Non-Chinese citizens
- Being healthy and willing to abide by Chinese laws and decrees;
- Holding a Master’s degree or its equivalent;
- English proficiency is required.
Find an eligible host supervisor affiliated with UCAS faculty or CAS institute that agrees to accept you. http://english.ucas.ac.cn/index.php/admission/international-students/application-for-admission
Once applicant finds an eligible professor of their interest, applicant must contact him/her, send an explanatory e-mail together with CV, research proposal and any other required documents to him/her, and indicate the wish to pursue doctoral degree at UCAS.
Submit your admission application via the online system
Applications shall be submitted via the Online Application System for International Students of UCAS http://adis.ucas.ac.cn/
Upload the following materials to the system
- Regular passport which has at least 2 years validity (only pages showing personal and validity details are needed)
- Recent full-face bust photo with 2-inch
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Original copies of both Master’s and Bachelor degree certificates you held (applicants having just completed or about to complete their Master’s degree should provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date)
- Original copies of Master’s and Bachelor degree’s transcripts
- Detailed research proposal
- Photocopies of all the title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic paper
- Two reference letters (NOT the host supervisor) familiar with you and your work (signed, dated and on official headed paper with contact phone number and email address)
- Certificate of financial support (or complete the scholarship application procedure to UCAS)
- For those who have already gotten financial support attach the certificate of financial support;
- are applying to study by self-support, attach the affidavit of support from guarantors and a bank statement;
- are applying for scholarship program(s) to UCAS, please complete the scholarship application procedure(s).
The applicant should affirm that, all the information and materials he/she provides here are true and correct. If there is any forge or false documents, he/she will undertake all the consequences.
The applicant cannot apply to more than one institute/school and supervisor.
Please choose major, host supervisor and host institute cautiously before submission. After enrolment at UCAS, applications for the change of these items are seldom considered.
All the above supporting documentation to the Doctoral Programs for International Students must be in English or Chinese, otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
Lack of application documents or unsatisfactory documents will not be accepted and none of the documents will be returned.
Please DO NOT send any of your supporting documentation directly to the International Students Office of UCAS.
Chinese Government Scholarship, CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme and UCAS Scholarship for International Students do not request for application processing fee.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 31st, 2018
|Job Category||Science Opportunities|