The University of Pretoria now offers an LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) degree. This is offered as a blended learning course comprising of online interaction and residential block-weeks in Pretoria. Two contact sessions will be scheduled every year (four contact sessions over the period of two years).
Goals of the programme:
The LLM/MPhil (Sexual & Reproductive Rights in Africa) has short-term as well as long-term goals. In the short-term, it aims to secure the following goals:
- to equip the learner with knowledge and understanding of sexual and reproductive health and rights from domestic, regional and global international perspectives
- to equip the learner with research skills in sexual and reproductive health and rights
- to equip the learner with advocacy skills for promoting sexual and reproductive health and rights
- to equip the learner with practical skills for securing the realization of sexual and reproductive health and rights
The Institution of Study: University of Pretoria
Duration: Two-year programme
Level of Study: Postgraduate
- The LLM degree is open to individuals with an LLB degree or equivalent.
- The MPhil degree is open to non-lawyers with at least an honors degree in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa
OR any other qualification in an academic discipline relevant to sexual and reproductive rights in Africa that allows admission to a master’s programme at the institution where the undergraduate qualification was obtained. If that qualification has a duration of fewer than 4 years, substantial proven practical or professional experience in sexual and reproductive rights in Africa, subject to the discretion of the Dean, is further required.
Applicants must have excellent academic credentials and demonstrate human rights experience or interest. A maximum of fifteen students will be accepted for the 2018 academic year.
How to Apply:
- Click here to read about the application process
- Click here to apply online (please note – you must create an account on the Submittable platform before you can apply)
- Download the call for applications
- Click here to apply for this degree
Deadline: 31 July 2018
|Job Category||Health Opportunities|