The Student Solidarity Award was created by the Veolia Foundation, in partnership with the Veolia Campus and representatives of schools and universities.
Types of projects that are not eligible:
- Temporary projects (exhibitions, demonstrations, symposia, events), even if oriented toward outreach or environmental conservation
- Artistic and cultural projects
- Travel projects without any concrete objectives or achievement
- Projects already completed before June 2017
Award: Depending on the requirements and specific features of each project, the jury shares a total grant of 15,000 euros between the three winners. The grant to the first prize winner may be smaller than the one to the second and/or the third.
Technical support in the form of expertise, through the employee sponsorship program involving the employees of the Veolia group in France and internationally.
- Quality of the application-Clarity of exposition, the ranking of ideas, relevance of the methodology proposed overall legibility.
- The professionalism of the proposed approach –Knowledge and understanding of the local context (limitations, specific needs, etc.), an adequate balance between the needs identified and the solutions brought by the project, involvement of the public authorities concerned.
- Feasibility -Clarity of objectives, technical and financial feasibility, the realism of the schedule, the experience of the project leader(s), quality of the partners and relevance of the institutional setup (capacity of the participants to achieve the targets set).
- Impact -Relevance of the indicators proposed to evaluate the economic, social and/or environmental impacts of the project in concrete terms, against the initial targets.
- Synergies -According to the resources required (technical, financial, human), the capacity of the project leader(s) to mobilize co-funding and other outside support.
- Type of aid sought-The Student Solidarity Awards primarily finance investment and training expenditures, but may if necessary contribute to covering the most strategic operating expenses for the effective implementation of the project (expenses, transportation costs, etc.).
- Permanence– Consideration of the challenges of human training and development, the involvement of local resources, etc.
- Application Requirement: The Student Solidarity Award 2018 is opened. Visit the Facebook page to see more about it and the registration page (in French).
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2018
|Job Category||Environmental Opportunities|