The International River Foundation’s Vera Thiess Fellowship for Women gives women from developing countries the opportunity to gain valuable work experience through the IRF and its partners, with the goal of advancing women’s participation in water and river management.
The Vera Thiess Fellowship goes not only towards supporting the selected candidate but towards continuing the important work of bridging the gap in women’s participation in river basin management.
Awarded in the name of the late Vera Thiess, a long-time supporter of the IRF, the Fellowship recognizes Vera’s and the Thiess family’s long-time philanthropic support and commitment to forward-looking initiatives of the International River Foundation.
Unlike a research fellowship, the selected candidate will have a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience with the IRF and its alumni and partners worldwide.
The institution of fellowship: The IRF and its alumni and partners worldwide
Nationality Eligible: Women from developing countries
- Be female
- Be a recent graduate or in the first five years of their career
- Have a demonstrated interest in sustainable river basin management
- Demonstrate their motivation, leadership, and ability to undertake this fellowship
- Be able to travel internationally in 2018 and 2019
- Be willing to share their Fellowship finding with the IRF and broader international river
How to Apply:
Applicants are required to submit the following
- An up to date resume with personal and professional references
- A one-page cover letter demonstrating their commitment and passion for sustainable river basin management, and describing how the fellowship will help them to achieve their personal and professional goals.
- A completed application form and a proposed itinerary and budget. The application form includes personal details, education and work experience, thoughts on why women’s involvement in the sector is so important, objectives of one-year fellowship, communication, and reporting. The itinerary and budget should include actual cost (e.g. for travel), contributions from other partners (both financial and in-kind) and any stipend for the work undertaken.
- A photograph of themselves (to be used for communication purposes if awarded the fellowship)
Deadline: Friday, 13 July.
|Job Category||Environmental Opportunities|