The Wellington International Student Excellence Awards recognize the achievements and contributions of international students in the Wellington region – whether academically, the arts, in sports, or community, and celebrate the benefits of international education to the broader community.
Twelve excellence awards will be presented to international students at an awards ceremony on Friday 19 October 2018. The ceremony will be held at Parliament and the awards will be presented by Hon Paul Eagle MP.
Prizes: Each winner will be awarded a trophy and a certificate
Award Categories: Twelve winners will be selected across the following six categories. Submit ONE application only, and select the category which best suits your key achievements. You will have an opportunity on the application form to provide information about achievements in other categories.
- Award categories 1-5 are open to international students currently studying in the Wellington region.
- Applicants must hold current overseas citizenship and not be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand or Australia.
- Applicants must have studied at an educational institution in the Wellington region for four months or more of the 2018 academic year.
- Applicants should have a valid Study Visa for New Zealand.
- Award category 6 (Alumni Achievement) is open to international students who previously studied in the Wellington region.
- Applicants must have studied at an educational institution in the Wellington region for more than four months.
- Applicants must have held overseas citizenship (not citizens or permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia) during their period of study in Wellington.
- Applicants will be asked to provide proof of enrolment at a Wellington institution
How to apply:
The preferred method of application is for individuals to complete and submit their own self-application.
In the first instance, staff (academic and support) at schools and institutions should encourage their students to complete and submit a self-application. However, to submit an application on behalf of one or more of their students (one application per student), staff can use the nomination form.
Applications open: 10.00am on Monday 6 August 2018
Application deadline: 10.00am on Monday 10 September 2018
|Job Category||Study Opportunity|