The World Bank Development Data Group (DECDG), in collaboration with the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data (GPSDD), is interested in supporting innovative collaborations for data production, dissemination, and use.
The collaborations should take place in low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries, and be directed towards sustainable development generally, and linked to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in particular.
This initiative is supported by the World Bank’s Trust Fund for Statistical Capacity Building (TFSCB) with financing from the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), the Government of Korea and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Ireland.
This call has been issued to target improvements where needs are continuous or recurrent, and where innovations can be readily adapted to other regions and sectors. We are interested in projects that result in data or methods which allow data to be produced faster; in a more cost-effective manner; at a higher resolution or granularity; or address data gaps. Our ultimate goal is to encourage collaboration, experimentation, learning and capacity development in the field of sustainable development data.
Funding: Funding may range from between $25,000 and $250,000.
Eligibility: Any consortium, with at least two organizations, may apply. Consortium members may include social enterprises, for-profit companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, international organizations, academic organizations, networks and partnerships. We are especially interested in proposals that bring different types of organizations together and in seeing these organizations contribute and integrate their data.
Requirements: In summary, proposals must include the following elements:
- A focus on the 2018 theme of scaling local data is required and a focus on the theme of fostering synergies between communities of non-official data and official statistics is preferred (and may strengthen your proposal).
- A link to specific data needs of monitoring or implementing the SDGs.
- Evidence of support and involvement from an end-user as part of the project consortium.
- A minimum of two collaborating organizations, inclusive of the end-user.
- Be implemented in a low- and/or lower-middle-income country.
How to apply: Fill the online application form
Deadline: Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
|Job Category||Innovation Opportunities|