The fellowship is a two-year postdoctoral fellowship position in the research group of Dr. Irep Gözen at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM); Department of Medicine, University of Oslo.The aim of this project is manipulation and characterization of surface-adhered biological membranes to understand the material-driven aspects of cellular processes.
Location of study: Oslo university, Norway.
Fellowship Type: Full-time contract
Faculty of study: Medicine
Level of study: PhD
Salary: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year – depending on qualifications
- The fellow must possess the following qualifications:
- Completed Ph.D. degree in biophysics, biophysical chemistry or material science.
- Experience with biological samples/cell culturing
- Practical knowledge of microfabrication procedures/clean room experience
- Working knowledge of image analysis (Matlab, Python or similar) Preferably: completed programming education during undergraduate studies
- Practical knowledge of optics is an advantage
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts, first author papers from Ph.D. studies (multiple is advantageous)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Advanced level English in reading, writing, and speaking
The application should contain the following:-
- A cover letter that explains the motivation for working with this group.(maximum of one page)
- A summary of a candidate’s soft matter research ideas.(maximum of two pages)
- A curriculum vitae summarizing education, positions and academic work and method competence.(maximum of two pages)
- Copies of educational certificates (Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system) A complete list of scientific publications: Articles, Reviews, Book Chapters, Conference Proceedings, Presentations
- A list of references.Include: name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number
- Letters of recommendation. (optional)
How to apply
All interested individuals are welcome to submit applications regardless of their gender or ethnicity.
The applications should be sent via the electronic recruiting system EasyCruit from the link:
Closing date: 20 March 2017
Expected start date: As soon as possib