The Richard Plaschka Postdoctoral Fellowships are up on offer by OeAD. The grant is named after the Austrian historian, who died in 2001 and who worked at the University of Vienna as a university professor for Eastern European history from 1967 to 1993. In 1981/1982 he was the rector of the University of Vienna. Moreover, he was the head of the Austrian East and Southeast Europe Institute from 1958 to 1988.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017.
Country of Study: Austria
Scholarship Type: These fellowships will cover the followings:
Monthly grant rate: € 1.150,–
Accident and health insurance, accommodation
- a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
- b) If required the OeAD-GmbH will try to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants. Monthly expenses from € 220,– to € 470,– incur. An Administration fee of € 18,– per month is payable to the OeAD-GmbH for arranging accommodation. The costs for accommodation and for the insurance have to be paid out of the grant by the awardee.
Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of up to € 1.000,– maximum. Travel expenses to Austrian representative authorities outside the home country are also refundable.
Level of education: Postdoctoral
- High school certificate
- GPA of a minimum 3.00 out of 4.00
- TOEFL 500/ IELTS 6.0*
- Proof of non-academic achievements (competitions, group/clubs leadership involvement, community development, social projects)
*or any comparable English proficiency exam
- may be waived upon proof of English as high school language of instruction;
- in case of lower score students have the possibility to join BINUS UNVERSITY pre-university English preparation course
|ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL REQUIREMENTS|
- GPA of a minimum 2.75 out of 4.00
- Active participation in BINUS Student Ambassadorship Program (events, promotion, communication)
How to apply
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application. Two recent letters of recommendation by university lecturers (for these letters of recommendation no specific form is required but must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and must be no older than six months at the time of application.)
- Consent of a habilitated lecturer at the Austrian target institution to supervise the applicant academically
- Scan of your passport (page with name and photo)
- Scan of your university graduation certificate of your diploma, master, Ph.D. or doctoral studies
- Scientific synopsis and bibliography related to the research project
- Record of all previously held university courses
- Proof of employment at a university