Santander International Scholarships
Santander International Scholarships support high-achieving students from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Ghana, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, and the USA.
The scholarships will be presented to eligible international students with the highest academic qualifications. Successful scholarship winners will be selected by the University of Lincoln’s International Office on application to the University.
How to apply
The candidates should fill an application form and submit by Friday 2 June 2017 to be eligible for the Santander International Scholarship.
Students should successfully apply for admission to a taught degree program at the University of Lincoln in the year of entry and then receive and firmly accept an academic offer of a place.
If the offer is conditional, the student will need to fulfill the terms of his/her offer to qualify for the scholarship.
In September 2017 the awards will be allocated as follows:
- Four £5,000 scholarships will be available to qualifying applicants from the eligible countries listed above
- The scholarship awarded will be deducted from the first year fee payable
- The awards will be granted for one year only
- The University reserves the right to withdraw these scholarships at any point and without notice.
- The Scholarships will be awarded to students in the first instance based on of academic performance. The school performance will take account of grade point averages and (where relevant) portfolios of work.
- To be eligible for the scholarship students must be domiciled in the countries covered by the Santander Universities Global Division scheme, as outlined above.
- Applications are selected for academic achievement and considered initially by staff in the International Office
- Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional academic achievement. Recipients of the award will be selected after assessment by the International Office of application to the University. The International Office will seek appropriate academic advice when choosing the recipients of the scholarships
- Financial circumstances will not have any consideration.
Condition of Award
- Successful scholarship winners will be expected to:
- Be in good standing and enrolled in their program of study as of 1st December in the relevant academic year
- Abide by the University regulations for academic and personal behavior and act as an ambassador of the University
- The University cannot and does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in the UCAS system resulting in applications lost, damaged or delayed outside of the University’s control
- The University reserves the right to withhold or withdraw payment subject to inappropriate behavior in breach of the University’s regulations or these rules
- Students who are deferring entry will not be eligible for the 2017 scholarship.
- Scholarship winners will be requested to take part in promotional activity for the University and Santander, and the University reserves the right to use the names of scholarship award winners, their photographs and audio and visual recordings of them in publicity and marketing materials.
- The scholarship is exclusively for the student selected to receive it and is neither transferable nor exchangeable.
- By accepting the scholarship, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions, and rules of the award and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and proceedings issued by the University of Lincoln regarding the scholarship.
Location: University of Lincoln, Uk
Deadline: June 2, 2017
Level of Study: Undergraduate