Mount Mercy University is offering scholarships for international students.The scholarships cover up to 50% of the costs of study, including scholarships for academics, athletics, and special talents-music, drama, art, and writing.Students are automatically considered for academic scholarships and must apply for athletic and talent scholarships.
- Cumulative freshman grade point average of 2.75 or equivalent
- Cumulative transfer grade point average of 2.50 or equivalent
- Test scores from any of the following:*
- TOEFL: 550 PBT, 213 CBT, 79 IBT
- IELTS: 6
- STEP: Eiken (Grade 1)
- PTE-Academic: Minimum score of 53 (no subscore below 51 for reading, listening, and speaking)
- Duolingo Test: Minimum score of 60
- ACT: Composite of 20 with subscores of 17 or higher
- SAT: 1020 or higher (New SAT’s beginning March 1, 2016)
- * Test scores are waived for students completing Level 112 of ELS’s English for Academic Purposes program.
Students who do not meet the minimum grade point or test scores may still apply. The Admission Committee will review any files of those students who do not meet the minimum standards or who warrant concern. Any admission conditions and course recommendations will be determined on an individual basis by the Committee. If the student is an athlete, they must meet the guidelines to be eligible to play (per NAIA Article V, sections C and C.2).
How to apply
To apply for Mount Mercy University scholarships for international students, the following documents are required:
- A completed paper or online application and personal statement
- Official high school transcripts translated into English by a court-certified English Language Translator
- Official college or foreign university transcripts (for transfer students) translated into English and evaluated by a foreign credit evaluation agency
- Official scores from a Test of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, STEP Eiken, ACT or SAT)
- Certification of funding sources (certificate of finance or letter with affidavit from bank)
- A scanned copy of your passport to ensure we have the correct spelling of your name for SEVIS processing. Please scan and email to email@example.com.
International Academic Scholarships | $10,000-$14,500
- $14,500 – Minimum GPA of 4.0
- $13,500 – Minimum GPA of 3.7
- $12,000 – Minimum GPA of 3.0
- $10,500 – Minimum GPA of 2.5
- $10,000 – Minimum GPA of 2.0
Must be enrolled full-time to receive full award
Renewable annually for up to 4 years
International Transfer Scholarship | $1,000
Available to international students transferring from a community college that has a guaranteed admission agreement with Mount Mercy.
Renewable annually for up to 4 years
Other Scholarships | amounts varies
Other scholarships opportunities include athletics, special talent, legacy, and honor/departmental awards.
For Admitted Students
Once you are accepted, Mount Mercy will mail you an official admission letter and your I-20 form. With those two documents, your financial statement, and your passport, you can obtain an F-1 student visa from your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. The Office of International Student Recruitment and Integration will guide you through this process, and also provide helpful information on travel, packing, and preparing for your study in the United States.
Submit your $200 enrollment deposit via Flywire – choose “Mount Mercy University.” The deposit is $200 and saves your spot in the incoming class, allowing you to register for classes and reserve a space in the residence halls.
Where will you live? Be sure to fill out the residence life housing application.
Location of study: Mount Mercy University
Deadline: August 1, 2017
Level of study: Bachelor’s