The SUTD Undergraduate Scholarship is a one-year, merit-based award that recognizes excellent students who maintain good academic performance and exemplary conduct. The SUTD Undergraduate recipient embraces SUTD’s unique curriculum and interdisciplinary approach towards research.
Application dates: Application for the scholarships can be made at the same time as the request for admission to SUTD (for prospective students), and at the end of Terms 2, 4 and 6 (for current SUTD students).
Location of study: Singapore
The institution of study: Singapore University of Technology and Design.
Level of study: Bachelor’s
Type of Scholarship: Partial
The Scholarship is open to Singapore citizens who are:
- Are enrolled in any undergraduate degree program.
- Have outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ level, Local Polytechnic Diploma, NUS High School Diploma, IB Diploma or Year 12 equivalent qualifications (for students who are enrolled in their first year of study); or have outstanding academic standing (i.e. good CGPA) in their studies in SUTD (for current SUTD students).
- Have a passion for technology and design.
The scholarship covers the subsidized tuition fees (after Tuition Grant) for two academic terms of the respective degree programs at SUTD.The recipient must take up the Tuition Grant Scheme (TGS) from the Singapore Government to enjoy subsidized fees.
Terms and Conditions
- The recipient in pillar years must pass all subjects in the year the scholarship was awarded.
- Recipients are required to complete at least 10 hours of service to the university in the year they receive the award.
- Recipients may not, without the approval of the University, hold concurrently any other scholarships or grants.
- The scholarship may be withdrawn at any time if, in the opinion of the University, the recipient’s academic progress or conduct is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If the beneficiary decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, SUTD reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
Application Procedure for the SUTD Undergraduate Scholarship
Application for the scholarships can be made at the same time as the request for admission to SUTD (for prospective students), and at the end of Terms 2, 4 and 6 (for current SUTD students).