UCL Excellence Fellowships Fellowships are available at the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences.Three fellowships will be available in 2017 across the full range of disciplines in life and medical sciences.Award posts are for three years full time. Part time working arrangements can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
Level of study: PhD
Location of study: London
Institution of Study: London’s Global University
Application Deadline: May 10, 2017
Scholarship type: Full-time
Eligibility for the UCL Excellence Fellowships
- Provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered.
- Fellowships are available to clinical and non-clinical candidates who have not yet established an independent research career.
- Candidates should have been awarded a Ph.D. or equivalent research-related degree before application
- Scholarship Value
- Fellows will receive salary support (see guidelines) and up to £50,000 in research expenses.
- Candidates must identify a senior academic from within the UCL School of Life and Medical Sciences who will commit to sponsoring their application and assure provision of research space, resources, and facilities. Applications received without sponsors risk not being considered for shortlisting.
- A letter with the appropriate promoter, Departmental, and Divisional signatures are required as part of the application.
- A covering letter explaining why you are applying for this fellowship and outlining career goals, plans for future funding requests and justification for applying to UCL (maximum one A4 side)
- A research proposal outlining the proposed research, with emphasis on vision and ambition.(maximum two pages)
- Your CV (maximum three A4 sides) plus full publication list. (Publications do not count towards the three-page limit).
- A letter of support from the UCL Sponsor(s) (maximum one A4 side). The letter must confirm and detail the space and resources that will be provided. If your contact at UCL is not a Head of Research Department or Division/Institute Director, their support letter must be co-signed by the relevant Head of Research Department and Division/Institute Director as proof that they all have reviewed and approved the provision of space and resources.
- A completed application form (Word), downloaded from the job vacancy page.
How to apply
Enter the UCL’s online recruitment system. Search for the vacancy (using “Excellence Fellowship)
Ref # 1635504) and click on the job title.Complete the application form and submit the supporting documents.Submit the application.