undergraduate scholarship programme for International
Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) in PR China is offering undergraduate scholarship programme for international students from SouthEast Asian countries 2017.Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), founded by Dr. Sun Yat-Sen in 1924, is a prominent research, academic and cultural institutes for talent development in South China.The university is under the management of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, and strongly supported by both the Ministry and Guangdong Province.
SYSU has become a modern comprehensive multi-disciplinary university that enjoys a reputation as a top-tier university nationally and a renowned university internationally. To improve its educational influence and to attract more students from all over the world, SYSU has set up the“undergraduate scholarship programme for International students,” in support of outstanding students’ pursuit of bachelor’s degrees at SYSU.
Please note that, once the student applies, the applicants will not be eligible to apply for other concurrent scholarship programs provided by provincial governments in PR China via SEAMEO Secretariat, namely:
- Jasmine Jiangsu Tertiary Education Scholarship for Southeast Asia,
- Guizhou Government Scholarship for Southeast Asia
- Hainan Government
- Scholarship for Southeast Asia.
Otherwise, the application will be withdrawn.
- Applicants shall be non-Chinese with Southeast Asian citizens, hold a valid foreign passport, and meet relevant requirements for international students in China.
- Be healthy, friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
- Applicants shall be graduates from high school, with their high school grades ranking among the top; otherwise, applicants shall display excellence in social services, sports, music, other cultural activities or leadership. Specific standards can be recommended or developed by recommendation institutions by the education of the country and shall be put on record at SYSU.
- Applicants are required to obtain a recommendation letter issued by recommending institutions
- Required documents:
- The notarized Diploma and transcripts for senior high school.
- Xerox copies of language proficiency certificates.
- Xerox copies of award certificates or experience certificates
- Personal statement :
Written in either Chinese or English.It should include self-introduction, outstanding learning experience, interests and hobbies, knowledge of school applied, learning purposes and career after graduation.
At the end of the Personal Statement, applicants must write down the sentence: “I at this moment affirm that all the information and documents that I provided are real.” And sign it as well.The application is invalid without the applicant’s testimony and signature.
Level of Study: Bachelor’s Degree
Deadline for application: April 30, 2017
Location of study: Sun Yat-Sen University