The Excellence Scholarship program is meant for excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree program and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations & Diplomacy.
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree program starting September 2017 or February 2018.
- On the applicant’s prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the program for which the student wishes to enroll.
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Students who are given a LExS must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the Rules and Regulations attached to the scholarship before the granting of the award.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2017
Institution of Study: Leiden University
Location of study: Netherlands
Level of Study: Masters
Scholarship type: Partial
Scholarship Value for Excellence Scholarship program
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship program has three awards:
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
The number and type of award of the scholarship depend on the budget available for each Faculty department. The kind of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
How to apply
- Fill your online request for admission to the university.
- Upload all the required documents
- Upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page (maximum 500 words).
- Submit your online application.
- Pay the application fee.