The award is intended to promote academic excellence in selected degrees offered by the University of Sydney Business School.
Location of study: University of Sydney.
Scholarship Type: Full time and part time contract.
Level of study: Master’s
New students who will commence their first semester of study with the Business School in one of the eligible postgraduate programs involving 10 to 16 units of study are eligible for this scholarship.
The scholarship is open to Full-time international students and full-time or part-time domestic students.
Current students who have completed study toward their degree and students receiving an offer of admission to a combined Master’s program are not eligible to apply.
The award covers 50% of the tuition fee and is supportable for 1.5-2 years for full-time students and 3-4 years of part-time study.To retain the scholarship, the Scholar must maintain a continuous enrollment during their degree from the semester for which they sought entry.A continuous enrollment requires a minimum three units of study (18 credits points) annually.
The University of Sydney Business School will pay 50% tuition fees for the required number of units for the award of a Master’s degree.Tuition fee will be cleared following census dates.
Please note: The scholarship does not include airfares to Sydney, living expenses, study materials, text books, any ancillary fees (if applicable) or Overseas Health Cover each year.
- Leadership capability, with the successful applicant being required to demonstrate outstanding leadership potential in the business domain.
- Ambassadorial potential, including excellent public and professional communication skills
- motivation to succeed in business in a socially responsible way by demonstrating a commitment to applying the learning offered in the chosen Master’s program to making a positive difference to professional life and business practice.
- Prior academic achievement, which must include a prior University degree with an Australian equivalent average of at least 75%.
How to apply:
- Applicants are required to submit an application addressing each of the above criteria, including certified details of prior academic results.A committee from Management Education chaired by the Associate Dean will assess the applicant’s performance against these standards.
- Application for the scholarship will be accepted not later than three weeks prior the commence of the relevant semester.
- The scholarship must be taken up in the semester in which it is offered.Scholars are not able to defer or suspend their enrollment in the degree to receive the scholarship except with the permission of the Associate Dean, Postgraduate Studies.
- To retain a scholarship, the holder must also achieve a 75% Distinction Grade average each semester
- The scholarship may not be held concurrently with other University scholarship funds awarded to assist with the student’s tuition fees.
- No appeals entertained.The University of Sydney Business School will make the decision on the applications and selection for the award, whose decision will be final.
- Scholarship holders will have the opportunity to promote the coursework Master’s Program in which they are enrolled and represent the Business School at student orientation, marketing events, and corporate networking events.