The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship meant for excellent students from European Union (EU), European Economic Areas (EEA) as well as non EU/EEA countries applying for a graduate programme in the University of Twente.
Please note that:
- This scholarship is not for Dutch
- This scholarship is not available for students currently pursuing a programme at the University of Twente.
- Also, the scholarship is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
Benefits of the University of Twente Scholarship:
- Become one of the most promising University of Twente students.
- A unique opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes: Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- Scholarship Value
- The scholarship is valued at € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year (approximately 30 scholarships available).
- Two -year programme: In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year.
Please have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf
Location of study: Netherlands.
Country Of origin: EU /EEA Countries and non- EU/EEA countries.
Level of study: Masters.
Scholarship Value: The scholarship is valued at € 3,000 – € 25,000 for one year. If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Your programme starts in the academic year 2017/2018;
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT graduate programmes
- You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
- You have to include a motivation letter in your application (250 – 500 words). This motivation letter explains:
o What you have studied in the past;
o What goal you want to reach through your study at UT;
o How you plan to receive this goal;
o Why you particularly choose to study at the University of Twente;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable).
- You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the sub score of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study grant;
You may already apply for a UTS even if you have to do a pre-master programme at the University of Twente first. However, you must complete your pre-master programme with a CGPA of 7.5 (out of 10) to be eligible for a UTS and comply with above mentioned requirements.
How to apply: Please use this link
Deadline for application: 1st May 2017
University Twente Scholarship