Western Union Scholarship program is designed to support young people and their efforts to pursue a post-secondary education.The Institute of International Education, Inc. (IIE), a US private not-for-profit leader in the international exchange of people and ideas, administers the program on behalf of the Western Union Foundation and its contributors.To us, a better education means better employment opportunities.With better jobs, comes improved earning potential.
Selected applicants will receive USD $2,500 each to contribute toward tuition or school fees at an accredited post-secondary institution and will be chosen based on criteria relating to the program’s three pillars: Perseverance, Aspiration, and Community.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited post-secondary institution seeking an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be pursuing a degree/field of study in one of the following categories: science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and business/entrepreneurship.
- All applicants for scholarships must be between the ages of 18 – 26 years of age on June 1, 2017.
- Applicants must submit all the applications in English. Translation services may be used to help non-English speakers submit. No penalties for minor errors.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate admittance to an accredited post-secondary institution or have applied for admittance.
- The applicant must provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. If a teacher or professor is unable to submit a recommendation on your behalf, you may also use someone who has supervised you in a youth/community group, volunteer position, job/employment situation, etc.
- Scholarships must be used on programs resulting in an undergraduate degree.Awards may not be used for advanced degrees, such as Masters, Ph.D., JD, etc.
- Awards may be used for tuition or school fees during the academic term immediately following scholarship winner selections (estimated in July). Funds cannot be used for room and board or school supplies.
- Immediate family members of controlling officers in the Western Union, any of its affiliates and non-affiliated nonprofit entities, or its Agents are not eligible to participate in the scholarship program. All other employees and their family members who meet the other eligibility requirements may apply.
Location of study: Unspecified
A level of study: post-graduate.
Scholarship opening date: March 8, 2017
Closing date: April 12, 2017
Selection & Notification to all Applicants: July 2017